What is route stack? Some recommendations for school transportation
It is a control program of the District Secretariat for Mobility, which aims to generate operational technical and administrative controls, in conjunction with the Metropolitan Transit Police, to the automotive fleet of educational institutions, including its own vehicles, contracted by the institution and hired by the parents.
In the same way, it aims to generate co-responsibility among managers of educational establishments, parents, transporters and district authorities, to work together for the safety of our girls and boys in Bogotá.
This work is carried out by a group of auxiliaries and supervisors trained to inspect school routes, using a checklist in which physical and documentary verification of the vehicle, the driver, the monitor and the educational institution are carried out; tracking vehicles with the greatest number of innovations, in order to guarantee safety in the movement and compliance with the recommendations made in previous operations.
As far as the preventive review is concerned, there are:
- Road equipment.
- Replica of the plaque in color, sides and measures approved.
- Logo or corporate name of the transport company or educational institution.
- Condition of doors.
- Light devices required.
- Vehicle plate on the front and rear.
- State and visibility of glass.
- School banner.
- Reading “HOW TO DRIVE” with the telephone number in service.
- Routing in a visible place on the windshield.
- Emblem with the word SCHOOL.
- Rear view mirrors.
- Condition of chairs.
- State of seat belts in all vehicle seats.
- Emergency exits.
- Speeding sound device.
- Safety and cleaning specifications inside the vehicle.
- Bi-directional means of communication.
As far as the documentation is verified:
- The route has a monitor (citizenship card and EPS card).
- Citizen’s card, driver’s card EPS and ARP.
- Driving license.
- Traffic license.
- Operation card (only for public service).
- Mechanical Technical Review.
- Contractual civil liability policy.
- Extra contractual liability policy.
- Excerpt from contract.
- List of pupils transported.
Even if you are crossing a safe passage, always look at both sides before passing. Look to the left, then to the right and if possible locate the driver’s eyes to indicate that it will happen.
- The perception of distance and speed varies according to the pedestrian or driver, remember that a vehicle at a speed of 60 kph travels 17 meters in a second, while a pedestrian in the same second travels a meter.
- If you as a pedestrian have reduced mobility, for motor, visual or auditory reasons, always cross the safe places and / or with the accompaniment of another person over 16 years of age.
- Crossing the road at corners or cross streets, is the safest way to cross the road.Do not risk crossing roads anywhere.
- If you have ingested alcohol, do not pass by the road alone.According to the norm must be accompanied by a person over 16 years sober.
- Under no circumstances should it be located on the road through which vehicles travel, especially in the vicinity of the stadium, always use the platforms designed for this purpose.