The Chair of Latin American and Caribbean Integration, also known as the Gabriel Betancourt Mejía Libre Chair, has as main objective to create an academic space from which to seek to build and strengthen the integrationist principle of the region from the Institutions of Higher Education (IES) as forgers of knowledge and citizenship.
- Support the appropriation of the concept of “integrationist knowledge” through the implementation of courses, lectures, lectures and other activities carried out in the member universities of AUALCPI.
- Build an international network of researchers whose core themes are common to member countries from the perspective of the different factors that influence global globalization.
- Create a Virtual Documentation Center, in which are compiled and disseminated the works that on the subject of the Chair have the member universities of AUALCPI.
- To contribute to the creation of youth seedlings conformed students of the Universities AUALCPI that,
- regardless of their areas of study, are committed to Integration in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Strengthen from the Chair and the activities that this Latin American and Caribbean Observatory of Integration
- Higher Education (OLCIES), as well as the Latin American Network of Researchers on Integration (LISI Network).
The chair is aimed at:
- Researchers from all areas of knowledge interested in integration issues.
- Professionals and students from all areas of knowledge interested in integration issues.
- Rectors, Vice-rectors and Directors of the Department of
- different universities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Representatives of international organizations and non-governmental organizations.
- Official entities of various countries of the region.